This is one of my favorite shots from the top of Blood Mountain.
Category: My Life
There are many beautiful places in the world, but none quite like my home in small town rural GA. Surrounded by trees my family lives in a nice brick house. It is nothing fancy, but it is home. In front of our house, the paved driveway forms a circle, then a rock driveway follows down to the road. I have many golden memories riding bicycles down our driveway with friends and family. Across the street from our house is a blueberry patch, nobody really owns this property, but lots of people from our community pick from it. On the right side of our driveway we keep our 5 beautiful horses, our pastures are not very good. We have been doing a lot of work to them to make them better. As of right now they are rocky, and they do not have very much grass, so we mostly feed our horses hay. If you come up our driveway, you will most likely be greeted by our awesome dogs. Festus is a sweet German Shepherd, but he has a shear bark that will scare the pants off of any stranger. Razzi is a black Lab, she is pretty hyper, she really just wants to play. Hazel is an Australian Shepherd, honestly she wants to herd everything in sight (including cars.) If you walk down past our house, there is a path that goes into the woods. It is a beautiful trail, you may see a squirrel or some deer. After you walk a ways, you will begin to hear the flow of water. There is a small creek that runs across our property, on either side of the creek there are 12 foot banks, in some places it is not as steep. Near the creek we are constructing a pond, and I am sure that we will make a lot of memories in it. Our place is not perfect, but I love it.
Hudson is a 4 year-old bay quarter horse, he stands about 14.3 hands tall. We bought his mama while she was pregnant with him. He is super gentle, our trainer said he is one of the calmest horses she has ever trained. I was able to bond with him at a 4-H horse camp this past summer, and he did great, all except when we crossed the creek. Hudson decided to JUMP the creek, I was not expecting that. lol We are so blessed to have such a sweet horse.
I took these pictures with my Nikon D5100. 😉 Please let me know what you think.
The Liebster Award!
I was nominated for the Leibster Award! Thank you Odessa for nominating me, here is the link to her blog: https://jillofalltrades2016.wordpress.com
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
2. Make a blog post outlining 11 facts about you.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
4. Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate.
5. Nominate 11 new bloggers (those who have less than 200 followers) by commenting in one of their blog posts.
My answers to Odessa’s questions:
- Are you a christian? Yes!
- Do you like to play games outside (like capture the flag or something)? Yes!
- Do you play any instruments? Yes, piano and guitar.
- What grade are you in? 9th
- Who would you vote for this election? Trump.
- If the picture on the ten dollar bill changed, who would you want to be on it? Me… JK, I am not sure who I’d want.
- What is the last word in the KJV bible? Amen.
- Do you like school? For the most part, yes
- Have you ever gone backpacking? No, but it sounds fun.
- Do you like to cook? Yes! especially cookies
- What is the shortest verse in the bible? “Jesus wept” John 11:35
Here are the questions for my nominees:
- Have you ever had a near death experience?
- What is your favorite season?
- Do you like chocolate?
- What is your favorite school subject?
- What is your favorite bible verse?
- Have you ever broken a bone?
- Do you play sports?
- What genre of music do you listen to?
- Do you like to travel?
- Do you like to bake?
- What is your favorite book?
Here are my nominees:
Hannah-The horsey Homeschooler
I only nominated two people because it seems like everyone else has already been nominated.
Catching Sharks on St. George Island
Each of my two older brothers caught a shark while we were on St. George island in Florida. They caught them from the beach. The first image is an 8 foot nurse shark, my older brother caught this one, he said it didn’t fight very hard. The second image is a 7 foot hammer-head my oldest brother caught this one, he fought this one for at least 30 minutes. I hope you enjoy the pictures!
We sat on the porch to eat breakfast, just moments later we were joined by a swarm of seagulls. They would swoop down and attempt to steal our food. It was pretty awesome. Until then I never realized how different each seagull looks, each one had unique color pattern.
Sunrises on St. George Island
Earlier this month I spent a week in St. George island Florida with my family. Sadly it rained most of the week so we didn’t catch all of the sunrises. The ones we saw were amazing, even if they were slightly hidden behind the clouds.
An irish proverb
“Good friends are like four leaf clovers, hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish proverb